Bouncing Back After A Day of Bad Eating
We all have days (or weeks, even) when we don’t quite stick to the eating plan we have set out for ourselves. Whether you’ve attended a party, been social with friends, had a cheat day, or otherwise, there are a few good things you can do the next day to help you get back on track. While going on a cleanse often leads to yo-yoing, these ideas will help you to understand why you’ve overindulged and what you can do to turn it around.
- Acknowledge the real problem- that you didn’t take care of yourself and put foods into your body that it didn’t need or really want.
- Take good care of yourself. Catch up on necessary things, buy a bouquet of flowers, whatever it is that helps you to feel good- without food.
- Pay attention to your body and do something to bring feeling back after the numbness of indulgence.
- Take good care of yourself with food. Wait until you are hungry, pace yourself, and get back on the right track with your plan.
- Have a conversation with yourself about the root cause that led to the binge eating or overindulgence.
Click here to read the full article by Katie Seaver for Huffington Post.