Black Bean + Spinach Enchiladas With Green Chile + Feta
Looking for a great new recipe to spice up your lunchtime routine? This black bean and spinach enchilada recipe gives you just that. Add in the feta cheese if you’re looking for a creamier texture. If you’re looking to keep it non-dairy/vegan, simply skip that one ingredient.
- 2 cups cooked black beans, drained + rinsed
- 3 cups packed spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (or olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 6-8 large or 12-14 small corn tortillas
- 1.5 cups green chili sauce
- sea salt + pepper
- Garnish with roughly chopped cilantro, 2 thinly sliced scallions, 1 diced avocado, hot sauce, and lime juice if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix black beans, shallots, coconut oil, a pinch of salt and pepper, spinach, and chili powder. Combine in large bowl.
- Spread 1/4 cup green chili sauce on the bottom of a wide, round Dutch oven. Arrange overlapping tortillas in single layer over teh sauce.
- Top with black bean mixture, 1/2 cup sauce, and 1/4 cup feta cheese.
- Repeat layering, finishing with sauce and cheese.
- Transfer to oven, leaving uncovered. Bake until heated through for about a half hour.
- Garnish as desired.
Click here to check out more healthy recipes from Mind Body Green.